Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Poor Abby.....

Google Friend Connect is going away... Be Sure to UPDATE or Sign up to my RSS Feed LinkClose
Open
Look at what happens to my poor little Abby when she goes out in the snow.

She ends up wearing it!
She's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and has very soft feathery fur.
Leaves, branches, dirt, and yes
SNOW
get tangled and stuck to the feathery fur on her legs and it is
nearly impossible to get out.


See, here I just told her "Staaaaaay, I have to get my little cup of warm water to dip your paws into, to melt the snow" then I dry her off and she lays by the fire to get nice and warm again.

It's a snow day and probably a snow WEEK for the kids since we are supposed to be hit with a snowstorm tonight and into tomorrow in western Washington.


The kids have been out sledding all day. Here, my daughter was so kind as to help relieve the weight of the snow off the branches of my Japanese Maple.
Oops, good thing she had on her hood!




A little snow fort just for Abby!


I think she'd rather be by the fire:)

Hope everyone stays warm and dry!










15 comments:

Fishtail Cottage said...

Awe, poor little Abby ~ happens to my pooches too!!! Stay warm! xoxo, tracie

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh she is the cutest Cav- so so so cute!

Just look at those paws of snow, poor sweetie!

What a darlin post, Abby is a darling.

Martha said...

She is so cute! Love the snowy paws!!! My Jonah looks alot like Abby! Thinking she must be part Cav....same tail and "llama legs" as we loving call those fluffy legs! :)

Thanks for sharing those pics!
Martha

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW poor baby!!!!!!! but WOW such cute pictures right : ) LOL!!!! she is just so absolutely precious and adorable -- i want to just give her tons and tons of hugs!!!!!! look at her in her fort -- how fabulous is this!!!!! thanks for sharing Michelle! you have brought a BIG smile to my face! sending you tons and tons of hugs!!!!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

oh -- don't forget the hugs for your precious pup!!!!! : )

Sarah said...

what a little sweetheart Abby is! I have two dogs...my girl Sunny is a long haired golden so I feel Abby's pain when it comes to clumps of snow ;)

Ruby Jean said...

So very SWEET Michelle... I only wish we had some of that snow.... But alas we are still in the mid to high 80s... So Sad... I want to experience a REAL winter.. :)

Unknown said...

Abby is so precious. I miss Whidbey Island, WA so much. Western Washington is so pretty! Have fun in the snow.

Faded Charm said...

I can relate. Our golden retriever gets snow matted all over on his belly as well...he can't stand it.

Looks like our snow is slowly melting and just rain now. We've lost power twice now and still really windy....wishing for Spring:-)

xoxo
Kathleen

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh my gosh....I'm in love with your sweet little Abby! I think a King Charles will have to find a home with me in the near future, Michelle. What can you tell me about the breed? Smart? Trainable? Loving? Lots of eye contact? How big do they get? Thanks - and I enjoyed your photos! :)

xoxo laurie

Betsy said...

We have a bichon who has the same trouble at times. They need some little doggy boots, don't they?

Betsy

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

Your sweet dog, looks like little vintage tassel ball trim.... What beautiful photos in the snow~
Cheryl

Free Pretty Things For You said...

oh my gosh! she look so pitiful!! Love those sad eyes!! What a doll!!

donna said...

Your Abby is so cute. I just love those puppy eyes.
Hugs
donna

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, that face is to die for !!! Poor baby, must admit it's quite funny how the snow accumulates like that...looks like a little sweet snow monster!

We haven't had much of any snow so far this year and the weather has been quite warm. I know I shouldn't complain but I love snow! I want just one good one to make everything pretty here!

Stay warm by that fire!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...